The mission of the Johnson Center for Innovation and Translational Research (JCITR) is to enhance IU Bloomington faculty participation in translational research and the commercialization of research discoveries through interactions with industry partners and the establishment of new companies. The JCITR Discovery Team members focus on establishing a culture that values translational research and implements processes that make it easy and efficient for faculty to participate while continuing to focus on their core strengths in basic research.
The staff of JCITR:
- work with the faculty to identify translational components of current and new research programs that can attract commercial contracts and/or can be translated into products that may lead to the development of Spin-up or Start-up companies.
- work with the IU Research & Technology Corporation (IURTC) and the Office of Research Administration (ORA) to assist faculty in submitting grant applications (SBIR, STTR).
- identify industry partners and negotiating industry contracts in collaboration with ORA.
- assist faculty in protecting intellectual property, in collaboration with the IURTC, and when appropriate establish Spin-up or Start-up companies.
- provide project management support for faculty involved in industry-funded research.
- assist with communications and reporting to the industry partner throughout the project.
- develop strategies to increase the use of University core facilities by industry partners.
We have assembled a strong team in the JCITR and made significant investments in advancing translational research for the Bloomington Campus. We urge you to take advantage of the JCITR services and allow us to help you learn how translational research opportunities can enhance your research program. Contact us here.